Sunday 22 August 2010

on falling [three]

'Catching the infinite
possibilities of falling'

into traveling and ––––
direction could shift
a piece and two
why not three
an image a score
I call you
you said yes
I am ––– standing
a catch a fall I wait
I walk - walking
walking the longest walk
I am standing
I am spiraling
I am catching
I am moving
I am catching ––– you
in motion
the spinning and pushing
and rolling and waiting
I agree
I fall - the ground
never
been
never
gone
too
far
I keep it
I am rolling
still rolling
not yet
I am pausing
I am out
I am –––
rolling wheels
calling
again
and
again
and again

A STAND
I just fell
PAUSE

I just feel I told you
I just fell I told you

I just wanted to tell you
that I fell feel fell feel

I just wanted to say that
I am holding it

I just wanted to say that
I am staying

I just wanted to say that
I can only go backwards
through the orange pathway

I can show you my ankles
you'll be surprised
how much weight they can hold.
I can walk backward
say it
and run away.

The orange pathway
and the infinite
possibilities of calling.


Moving into writing into moving into writing...
From the workshop 'Writing From the Body' led by Cheryl Pallant - 14th August 2010